wiggle new forest 100 - anyone else doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mwktar

Über Member
Doing this next weekend, wondering if anyone else was going for it? And if they noticed the massive route alterations?

Supposed to be a good ride

I did an audax earlier this year. Didn't over-prepare, so was pleasantly surprised to find myself in the new forest (for the first time ever, I think). I was all "wow, cool, horses, ponies, donkeys" Be cautious: apparently the donkeys bite. So do the horses and ponies, I bet.

http://www.strava.com/activities/279506955 Obviously completely different route from yours. Enjoy.

chappers1983

I'm not doing the New Forest 100, but did the Spring one earlier in the year.

Lovely ride, but horrendously over-subscribed. Not sure if this one is in the same position - if it is I'd make sure you arrive early and be one of the earlier groups to set off. It got quite dangerous at times IMO back in April, which was a shame as the course was quite easy-going

OP
OP
mwktar

mwktar

Über Member
I'm not doing the New Forest 100, but did the Spring one earlier in the year.

Lovely ride, but horrendously over-subscribed. Not sure if this one is in the same position - if it is I'd make sure you arrive early and be one of the earlier groups to set off. It got quite dangerous at times IMO back in April, which was a shame as the course was quite easy-going

Spoke to my mate who is also riding it. the EPIC rout this year isnt part of a large route, but diverges and reconnects. Cheers for the inside info, made us actually consider clashes with riders from different waves etc

ukbabz

Veteran
I'll be doing the STD route. A little disappointed at the route change as its changed the route from 70 to 60 miles and seems to push north and out of the new forest a bit earlier on. Hopefully the weather will play ball and be a good ride.

I did the short in May and it did get pretty congested at a few points there, so am hoping the earlier start will help avoid a few of the numpties

DRHysted

Guru
I'm doing the epic on Sunday. Disappointed that once again the verderers have purposely moved a round up so the route has had to be changed. But the equine community here has always treated all other users as second rate.
I don't generally have an issue with other riders (did get hit from behind last year, but I've got better brakes), I try to be in the first groups to allow for my slowness.

Top Bottom