Wiggle= No excuses sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone else doing this ride this coming Sunday?

What ride?! Starting location? route? Details would be useful here.

I am , going to try for gold this time.
did this last year, got silver, missed gold by 10 mins as I got lost and blew 20 minutes, I was furious with myself at the end, so must pay attention.......

stevevw

Guru
Well that was harder than I thought it would be. Nice rolling route shame about the headwind from all points of the compass :scratch: and the rain.

fenman

good event did better than last year ,epic route in 4:25:46,started out with the St Ives c.c.red train but it turn out to be the express,got on to a big i-cycles group but left them at the last feed,last part mostly chasing riders in front, cracking event !!

good event did better than last year ,epic route in 4:25:46,started out with the St Ives c.c.red train but it turn out to be the express,got on to a big i-cycles group but left them at the last feed,last part mostly chasing riders in front, cracking event !!

wow thats a great time mate, over 80 miles too, well done

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I also did the Epic in 4:51:22. Weather was colder than I imagined. Got myself on the front group as I was over the line at 8am, but punctured about 20miles in (right in front of one of the photographers too :cursing: ), so had to bail on that group and wasted 20mins fumbling about on the verge. Then hooked up with a very large peloton of icycle boys and girls. Got a nice tow off them until the 2nd feed stop then left them behind as they all stopped, i think for slower group members to catch up. Was a great day out but saw so many people with punctures. I think the rain the night before had washed lots of flints onto the roads. Still had a nice time and didn't feel too tired at the end of it all.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Yep did it again this yr (2013). Did the 41miles in 2hr07 mins at an avg of 19.4mph, power avg 265W.

Real shame they cancelled the 80 route, I didn't think the weather was that bad. Ok the wind was quite strong in places, but I also heard that the course was flooded further north.

Top Bottom