Wiggle= No excuses sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone else doing this ride this coming Sunday?

What ride?! Starting location? route? Details would be useful here.

OP
OP
Dave 123

Dave 123

Legendary Member
As the title states........
Starts and ends in Huntingdon, on a Cambs-northants route

I am , going to try for gold this time.
did this last year, got silver, missed gold by 10 mins as I got lost and blew 20 minutes, I was furious with myself at the end, so must pay attention.......

stevevw

Guru
Well that was harder than I thought it would be. Nice rolling route shame about the headwind from all points of the compass :scratch: and the rain.

fenman

good event did better than last year ,epic route in 4:25:46,started out with the St Ives c.c.red train but it turn out to be the express,got on to a big i-cycles group but left them at the last feed,last part mostly chasing riders in front, cracking event !!

good event did better than last year ,epic route in 4:25:46,started out with the St Ives c.c.red train but it turn out to be the express,got on to a big i-cycles group but left them at the last feed,last part mostly chasing riders in front, cracking event !!

wow thats a great time mate, over 80 miles too, well done

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I also did the Epic in 4:51:22. Weather was colder than I imagined. Got myself on the front group as I was over the line at 8am, but punctured about 20miles in (right in front of one of the photographers too :cursing: ), so had to bail on that group and wasted 20mins fumbling about on the verge. Then hooked up with a very large peloton of icycle boys and girls. Got a nice tow off them until the 2nd feed stop then left them behind as they all stopped, i think for slower group members to catch up. Was a great day out but saw so many people with punctures. I think the rain the night before had washed lots of flints onto the roads. Still had a nice time and didn't feel too tired at the end of it all.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Yep did it again this yr (2013). Did the 41miles in 2hr07 mins at an avg of 19.4mph, power avg 265W.

Real shame they cancelled the 80 route, I didn't think the weather was that bad. Ok the wind was quite strong in places, but I also heard that the course was flooded further north.

Top Bottom