Wiggle woes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The site is slow today, but my order has been processed and shipped.... best price for M770 XT SPD's - £39.99 before discounts etc.... (about £36 in the end) ended up paying £47 for XT SPD's, KMC X8.99 chain and a bottle of wet lube.....

I don't use them loads as CRC are cheaper in the main, but I look round when I need something, and in the last three times I've needed stuff, Wiggle were best.

Advice....shop around............

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Stan said:
Got my FS260 armwarmers from Chain Reaction...they arrived the next day. I suggest you cancel your Wiggle order and go to CRC. ;)
CRC don't have them in stock either.

gavintc

Guru
I have found that Wiggle have lost the competitive edge. The prices can be easily beaten by a number of other shops. Delivery may be slower, but others are much cheaper.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
gavintc said:
I have the older Endura arm and leg warmers and rate them highly. Having done a quick google, I note that the following shops also sell them - good luck.

http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/1011/459-301206
http://www.sbrsports.com/1011/459-301206
http://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/Endura-Fs260-Pro-Arm-Warmers-E0032.aspx
Thanks Gavin. I did have a truffle about for the arm and knee warmers. The only sites that list stock availability (Wiggle and CRC) have them as being out of stock until now-ish. The three you list don't give stock levels and I'm wary of getting stuck with a second order that won't be fulfilled until Endura pull their finger out. I'll just have to hang on and wait...:welcome:

Abitrary

I bought the dhb ones (I actually bought 2 sets because I was tired and thought they were sold in singles - which turns out well because half of them are lost half the time anyway).

Don't see the point of them because they slide down and spoil your riding enjoyment. I'm currently toying with the idea of attaching a bit of elastic to a pair that goes round the back, in order to keep them up, a bit like mittens.

Ah, and they won't get so lost so easily if they work like those kid's mittens things.

redjedi

Über Member
I've been using CRC a lot more recently, as they are generally cheaper.

I still shop around to get the best price, and use Wiggle to work out sizing of clothing.

I want to get some of the DHB bib longs, as they are good quiality and cheap, but they don't have stock until early Nov. They have some of last years models but I thought I might as well wait for the 09 stock.

What sort of company doesn't get their winter stock in until Nov?

Maz

Guru
Received my legwarmers from Wiggle, too - standard delivery.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've had two orders recently... one arrived within 48 hrs, and one less than 24 hrs later :laugh: no bloody sweets or keyrings or bottle openers though, the tightwads xx(

Top Bottom