Wiggle work from home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahale

Über Member
Hi, anyone doing this? Or done it before.

I've entered the epic route but haven't done as much training as I would like due to surgery. Just wondering how hard it is?

I'm mainly concerned because you only get about 5.5 hours to complete.

Thanks.

Last edited:

dodgy

Highlight your text then Ctrl+U

No idea about the sportive.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I hadn't heard of this until reading the OP, I have just had a consultant with the Bank of Wife and subject to her being able to wangle a work from home day we will participate in the 65 miles ride.

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
I hadn't heard of this until reading the OP, I have just had a consultant with the Bank of Wife and subject to her being able to wangle a work from home day we will participate in the 65 miles ride.
Did you get to do it?

I thought it was fantastic.

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
No I didn't in the end, I forgot I had a platelets donation appointment booked. I'm pleased you had a good time. Which route did you do?

The 64 mile which they extended to 66 due to a road closure. It had some long climbs in and as I only had surgery 8 weeks ago very pleased to just finish. Took me 5hours 8mins. Really nice route and very quiet, highly recommend

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The 64 mile which they extended to 66 due to a road closure. It had some long climbs in and as I only had surgery 8 weeks ago very pleased to just finish. Took me 5hours 8mins. Really nice route and very quiet, highly recommend

Was it well attended?

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Was it well attended?

From what I could tell fairly, I was first group to go and only had a small ish number of riders overtake me considering I wasn't going very fast.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
From what I could tell fairly, I was first group to go and only had a small ish number of riders overtake me considering I wasn't going very fast.

I shall keep a look out to see if they do another one, as turns out it's just as well we didn't go yesterday, my wife snapped her gear cable two miles into her commute this morning, and we've discovered that the cause is the dual control shifter is buggered. That would've happened on the ride.

Top Bottom