Wiggo sidelined?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After all the excitement when Wiggo won his time trial and overtook Steve Redgrave as the most decorated British Olympian, he seems to have sunk without trace. Last night Chris Hoy had assumed the most decorated mantle and Wiggo had a very low profile in last night and today's press coverage of the Olympics. Is it because he conducted the National Anthem rather than cry on the podium? Is it the furore he kicked off in the media about helmets that distracted from the next day's Olympics? He seems to have sunk without much trace from the public conciousness at the moment to be replace by Chris, Mo and Jessica.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Does it matter?

Having never been in the position, it's difficult to tell, but I would imagine that soemone who doesn't court the media isn't always an interest to the media.

OP
OP
R

Red Light

Does it matter?

Not really but lots here were clamouring for Sir Brad and SPOTY for him which are fading into the distance at the moment. And it will matter when it comes to dividing up the newly announced funding between the different disciplines.

Im not sure that is true - but then again I dont read Hello or the tabloids - since they all got their medals and the media coverage immediately following that I not read much of any of them

from what ive heard him say ,i would imagine it suits him down to the ground

Bodhbh

Guru
I can think of better ways to sink without a trace than to appear on the front of all the papers sat on a gold throne.

(and last I read he was on the lash with the stone roses and half of led zepplin).

Alun

Guru
He's a family man and doesn't crave celebrity or the limelight. I heard he was on hols with his family. I'd say he's bloody well earned that too.
Yes, he's put in a good shift over the last couple of months. He's probably polishing up his Lambretta and listening to Paul Weller for the time being.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
And it will matter when it comes to dividing up the newly announced funding between the different disciplines.

Funding is means tested so it won't make any difference to him personally.

You're wrong anyway. Just ask the Royal Mail - of all their special stamps for the GB gold medal winners, whose do you suppose has sold more than anyone else's? I'll give you one guess.

Hoy has got a lot of coverage because he's a media whore and he's been putting himself about a lot.

d.

Top Bottom