Wiggo sidelined?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

Yes, he's put in a good shift over the last couple of months. He's probably polishing up his Lambretta and listening to Paul Weller for the time being.

word has it he was the 7th scooterist in the closing cermony last night, if you look carefully you can just see his lamb chops peeking out from under his helmet (oo-er)^_^

mangaman

I'm not sure he can. Although maybe if he really makes an effort, he will be in with a chance by Rio 2016...

Maybe he should receive some lottery funding

david k

Hi
think it was more of a case of other main line story's, it happens when multiple people win Olympic medals and we are hosting the Olympics. it would have been different had this not been the case

asterix

Comrade Member
I guess Wiggins is simply a professional cyclist and not a professional celebrity. Shouldn't think that keeping a low profile is really going to damage the funding prospects of the first and only British TdF winner (it's still hard to believe it really happened, frankly!)

Earlier pro cylists I shan't name have had a different and subsequently calamitous approach to the game they were in.

just jim

I have been out of the limelight for several weeks and do not have my own thread. Unfair.

oldroadman

Veteran
Brad's a pro, just like Mark, Chris, Dave, Ian. Race done, little rest, back to business. Money to be made in big post-TdF crits still going on through August, Tour of Denmark and probably ToB coming up. Just getting on with the job, quietly and with little fuss. Mark did a good job for BBC at the track, at least he knew what he was on about!
Calling Chris Hoy a "media whore" is a disgusting gross insult. Who did that should be ashamed, he's not to blame for being a great rider and does not look for attention, it chases him. He deals with it very well.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Calling Chris Hoy a "media whore" is a disgusting gross insult.

No it isn't. That's an overreaction and rather silly.

and does not look for attention,

Taking work as a TV pundit isn't part of Hoy's riding contract, nor is advertising bran flakes. He actively courts media attention - this isn't a criticism, just pointing out that he's the polar opposite of Brad Wiggins in this respect.

Of course, being a trackie, he probably needs the money from advertising bran flakes, while Brad is on a lucrative road racer's contract, but Hoy certainly doesn't seem shy about using his face as well as his legs to make a few bob. That's just a simple fact.

He deals with it very well.

I agree. He was good as a pundit in the Olympics and I can see a bright media career ahead of him when he retires. Best of luck to him.

d.

Top Bottom