Wiggo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush

You can't argue with that. Respect to the man!

Keith Oates

Janner
I also respect his honesty but I'm not surprised at his performance this year. I was surprised when Brailsford chased him so hard to get on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toekneep

I like the guy. I've just read his autobiography and he comes over as just an ordinary bloke who is brutally honest. I'm really disappointed with his performance and hope it just makes him work even harder for next year. If Geraint Thomas keeps improving they could make an interesting pairing next year.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I blame that terrible Sky kit. All the other kits are so much better and lighter in colour. You will get so hot wearing black and its not surprising the Sky team has been an absolute flop.

Chrisc

Guru
I blame that terrible Sky kit. All the other kits are so much better and lighter in colour. You will get so hot wearing black and its not surprising the Sky team has been an absolute flop.

This is a good point. I was a member of a baseball team some years ago and we had white kit, nice and comfy
Some bright spark decided to get us all new kit in black and we damn well fried.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's

I don't like the kit but I thought the idea of black being hot and white cool was a myth that had been exposed?

LizardEye

You're not a physicist then?

White refects light / heat - that's why it appears white.

Black absorbs it which is why it appears dark.

It's a fundamental physical property rather than a myth, and I'd imagine could make a huge difference
in those temperatures

rich p

ridiculous old lush

It's a fundamental physical property rather than a myth, and I'd imagine could make a huge difference
in those temperatures

Mind you, the baack of the jersey is white!

e-rider

crappy member

in those temperatures

You might want to dazzle us with your talk of black bodies but there is no evidence anywhere that black clothes actually make you hotter than white clothes even if the physics says so.

Hont

Guru
I don't like the kit but I thought the idea of black being hot and white cool was a myth that had been exposed?

As I understand it depends. Black in the heat but in the shade is good, because it does not reflect the heat back to the body apparently. You would have thought Sky would have looked at this either way, though, wouldn't you, given their obsession with every little detail.

Top Bottom