Wii

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Its because the wii isnt as complicated so it doesnt need hours of practice to play for any length of time,and the games are simpler in the gameplay,trying to remember all the buttons and what they do on the 360 kills it for me,after im killed again.And my golf is coming along nicely;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Think Nintendo are on to a winner with the Wii - got 'gameplay' back as the no 1 ingredient.... I don't want to learn 50 button combos thanks.....

PS there is going to be an addon for the controller that will increase accuracy and a new Sports game to go along with it.....

fossyant

The kids like the DS, and we are thinking about getting a second for my son's birthday. TBH the PSP kicks it's ass on graphics and the like (extras etc....), and the Lego games are mini big system game, but the simple stuff, the DS wins hands down.

Anything graphical, then the DS is pretty rubbish - i.e. Wall-E / Cars - it's very small and blocky on the DS, but the games are just prettier on the PSP... The PSP is more 'grown up', but the DS more fun and easier to operate / play with mates....... something Sony want you to pay out twice for in 'game' CD's........

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Wii MotionPlus won't be out till next year. It's an interesting idea as some of the wiimote's seem to lose their sensitivity over time anyway. The idea of 10 things on the same game is very appealing.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

The girl who sold me the Wii was trying to offer some extra cost policy regarding damage and repair. Despite being told I was not interested she persisted, and pointed out they had 2 systems returned this week, so I might want to think about it. I replied that if the system was that bad then I might not bother...she changed her tune fairly quickly :biggrin: I assured her I had only been joking....but she might try a different tactic from now on.

I am looking forward to the kids being excited when they open it.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Noodley said:
The girl who sold me the Wii was trying to offer some extra cost policy regarding damage and repair. Despite being told I was not interested she persisted, and pointed out they had 2 systems returned this week, so I might want to think about it. I replied that if the system was that bad then I might not bother...she changed her tune fairly quickly :biggrin: I assured her I had only been joking....but she might try a different tactic from now on.

I am looking forward to the kids being excited when they open it.

Not heard of any Wiis breaking, only 360s and the red light of doom. The two remote's my friend has one is absolutely fine, the other we think has lost a bit of sensitivity. It's charging and batteries that are the issue as he has a very old stock of unirosses that are going duff.

col

Legendary Member
My sons 360 did this,but it was a known fault by nintendo,so they paid all costs to have it sent to them fixed and returned,they even extended the warranty period so everyone could get it sorted.I was impressed with the service,so this issue is dealt with now i think?

col

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Think Nintendo are on to a winner with the Wii - got 'gameplay' back as the no 1 ingredient.... I don't want to learn 50 button combos thanks.....

PS there is going to be an addon for the controller that will increase accuracy and a new Sports game to go along with it.....

I like the sound of that,any ideas what it is ?

fossyant

Get a warranty on the telly as a badly held/secured remote might kill it.... whoops.......

My bro has got high capacity rechargeable batteries - just told him about hybrids as well - you'll need loads apparently..... and a fair few in stand by, hence hybrids.... especially if you get the Wii Fit...

Have fun..... watch the furniture.............

fossyant

Col, Marinyork mentioned it above - we were told about it when buying my young daughter a DS Lite..... it's coming in, maybe next year, just clips into the socket on the bottom of the remote and assists the sensitivity of the device....and of coure a new game as well.........

col

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Col, Marinyork mentioned it above - we were told about it when buying my young daughter a DS Lite..... it's coming in, maybe next year, just clips into the socket on the bottom of the remote and assists the sensitivity of the device....and of coure a new game as well.........

Oops sorry missed that.i have the ds too,i was toying with getting the browser but have heard mixed reaction to it,anyone have it here?
I got an archery game too for the wii,a target one where tagets pop up and some baddies do too,great fun,oh and the driving games are good too:biggrin:

Oh and my wife loves the tennis,takes the stances and really gets into it:biggrin:

Top Bottom