Wild Fire Watch 2026

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
A one-stop shop for your local or national wild fire sightings, reports and general gossip.

Wild fire being reported as I type in Northampton at Sixfields, in the fields and hedgerowsmkff Walter Tull way.
 

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Just saw that on the Chronic site.. Lots of scrubland around there.
Wonder if the old fairground stuff parked up there is affected 🤷‍♂️
 
I've got unkempt scrublandright up to my front door, whichnjs slightly unsettling at the present time.

I never thought I would have to pay attention to this but I have indeed recently checked out our local area and tried to second guess what wildfire risk we are in. Thankfully we are reasonably well separated from local woods...at least one decent field.

Weird times huh

I wonder how long before insurance companies add to their flood risk assesment to include a factor for wildfire.
 

stephec

Squire
Location
Bolton
I've got unkempt scrublandright up to my front door, whichnjs slightly unsettling at the present time.

Hang a couple of pairs of your Y-fronts on it, that should keep the flames away.

Although if it doesn't can you imagine the fumes?
 

gbb

Squire
Location
Peterborough
Fires locally?
Holme Fen, a nature reserve has had a fire burning for days, id imagine its got into the peat that its known for. Taken the fire brigade days and days of work.
Easy to assume it'll be a disposable barbeque or kids messing around.

Across the estate there was an unexplained shed fire, took the whole thing down.

Twice recently ive been driving along and seen smoke plums in the distance, field fires I assume.
 

gbb

Squire
Location
Peterborough
Fires locally?
Holme Fen, a nature reserve has had a fire burning for days, id imagine its got into the peat that its known for. Taken the fire brigade days and days of work.
Easy to assume it'll be a disposable barbeque or kids messing around.
Just did a bit of research, fire crews still attending, some doing 10 to 15 hour shifts as the peat burns several feet below the surface. There were some photos in the local rag recently and showed how they've dug up the peat to get to the burning sections. Looks like a bombs hit it.
 

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Local Chronic rag is reporting that the Sixfields fire is 'deliberate' ie; arson.
 

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Thankfully living on the river everything is still green but a few hundred yards away everything is very dry.
 
Top Bottom