Wilier GTR

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by MDA 998, 30 Dec 2017.

Tags:
  1. MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

Hi all, i purchased a Wilier GTR earlier this year and with other commitments like moving house etc. i still haven't ridden it, at the time i bought it i loved it but now i just look at it wishing i got a specialized Roubaix sl4, am i being stupid or does anyone else have impulse buys they regret.
    Please don't hurt me too much with your replies,,,

mustang1 likes this.
  2. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Why don't you like it if you've not even ridden?

Stick with it....not least, a Wilier is so much less ubiquitous (aka common) than a Specialized :whistle:

Milzy likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

Don't know why i don't like it :banghead:

4. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

Ride it. Great bike.

5. vickster

It's not black is it? That'll be why :whistle:

6. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

This is it, Black is fine just not sure about the green

Attached Files:

7. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

He can always send the bugger back?

8. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

Don't think Tweeks would take it back as i got it in April this year

Milzy and DaveyM like this.
  9. Pumpkin the robot

Pumpkin the robot Über Member

I had a GTR (105 groupset) and it was ok. It was stolen and I replaced it with an older model GT with a much higher spec (ultegra DI2) for a lot less money. The GT was a smoother ride. Wilier claim they made the GTR stiffer, and I would agree with that. Wilier have gone all out to sell bikes at a cheaper price point in recent years, and in doing so they have compromised the quality of the bikes.

mustang1, Lilliburlero and Milzy like this.
  10. vickster

You could ask. Wiggle have 365 returns, others may do too

Milzy likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

Just checked tweeks and they have a 365 returns policy but i don't think saying i don't like the bike anymore would work

Milzy likes this.
  12. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Sell the GTR and buy something else?
    And yes - my Wilier Izoard XP. Disliked it very quickly as the bike felt too 'soft' despite the looks.

However I've a Wilier Montegrappa which I like a lot. It appears to be the geometry that's made all the difference.

13. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

To be honest with you i have tried selling it but i think some people (me included) are a little naïve when it comes to a name like "wilier" rather than specialized, Cannondale or giant

14. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

Giant for life.

15. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

How about a split bicep and a rotator cuff tear, would that be suitable for tweeks Goods which prove unsuitable may be returned for refund, credit or exchange if they are returned to ourselves within 365 days of receipt. Subject to the following conditions:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice