Wilier GTR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MDA 998

Hi all, i purchased a Wilier GTR earlier this year and with other commitments like moving house etc. i still haven't ridden it, at the time i bought it i loved it but now i just look at it wishing i got a specialized Roubaix sl4, am i being stupid or does anyone else have impulse buys they regret.
Please don't hurt me too much with your replies,,,

vickster

Legendary Member
Why don't you like it if you've not even ridden?

Stick with it....not least, a Wilier is so much less ubiquitous (aka common) than a Specialized :whistle:

OP
OP
MDA 998

MDA 998

This is it, Black is fine just not sure about the green

Attachments

• wilier 2.jpg
    wilier 2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 172
I had a GTR (105 groupset) and it was ok. It was stolen and I replaced it with an older model GT with a much higher spec (ultegra DI2) for a lot less money. The GT was a smoother ride. Wilier claim they made the GTR stiffer, and I would agree with that. Wilier have gone all out to sell bikes at a cheaper price point in recent years, and in doing so they have compromised the quality of the bikes.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hi all, i purchased a Wilier GTR earlier this year and with other commitments like moving house etc. i still haven't ridden it, at the time i bought it i loved it but now i just look at it wishing i got a specialized Roubaix sl4, am i being stupid or does anyone else have impulse buys they regret.
Please don't hurt me too much with your replies,,,

Sell the GTR and buy something else?
And yes - my Wilier Izoard XP. Disliked it very quickly as the bike felt too 'soft' despite the looks.

However I've a Wilier Montegrappa which I like a lot. It appears to be the geometry that's made all the difference.

OP
OP
MDA 998

MDA 998

Sell the GTR and buy something else?
And yes - my Wilier Izoard XP. Disliked it very quickly as the bike felt too 'soft' despite the looks.

However I've a Wilier Montegrappa which I like a lot. It appears to be the geometry that's made all the difference.

To be honest with you i have tried selling it but i think some people (me included) are a little naïve when it comes to a name like "wilier" rather than specialized, Cannondale or giant

OP
OP
MDA 998

MDA 998

Just checked tweeks and they have a 365 returns policy but i don't think saying i don't like the bike anymore would work

How about a split bicep and a rotator cuff tear, would that be suitable for tweeks Goods which prove unsuitable may be returned for refund, credit or exchange if they are returned to ourselves within 365 days of receipt. Subject to the following conditions:

Top Bottom