Wilier GTR

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by MDA 998, 30 Dec 2017.

Tags:
  1. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Try the For Sale section on here ...

2. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

Don't think i can sell on here yet

3. brucers

brucers Über Member

Just ride the flipping thing. Be happy that you won't see lots of others riding the same bike.

4. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

Hi again i have just advertised it on here, Thankyou Didn't think i was allowed yet

5. mcshroom

mcshroom Bionic Subsonic

That looks like a lovely bike. :smile:

Are you sure it's the bike you are not keen on, or is there something about riding that worries you? Do you ride a different bike or not ride at all?

By all means, if you are sure you don't like it then get one you do, but that is a good bike from a prestigious name and it's begging to be ridden. Wilier's are also a bit different to your more common Spesh and Giant bikes. Enjoy having an unusual bike :smile:

vickster and Lilliburlero like this.
  6. Pumpkin the robot

Pumpkin the robot Über Member

I used to think that! Two people I ride with have now bought GTs as well :smile: Common as muck!

ajJPLet.jpg

7. adamhearn

adamhearn Über Member

WTF - that's a great looking bike. You surely can't be selling it on based on looks alone?!?!

Lilliburlero likes this.
  8. berty bassett

berty bassett Veteran

i have a few bikes including a GTR -when it comes down to all day riding i use the GTR everytime ! once set up to how you want, they are brilliant bikes
    i can understand you either like or dislike the colour scheme but you shouldn't be able to fault the ride

biggs682 likes this.
  9. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Especially as he’s not actually ridden it :smile:

10. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

I used to ride a Cannondale synapse carbon and sold that just before the house move, ideally looking for another one or a Roubaix as i used to ride my mates one occasionally. I am a little strange i suppose but just can't help it :blush:

11. vickster

So you don't like it because it isn't carbon? Good luck selling. It's not a good time to be selling roadbikes, spring better. You could try ebay again

12. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

It is carbon, maybe the more i look at it in the garage i may like it again

13. vickster

Ah ok. Just go ride it. See what you think. One ride won't affect its value now

Pumpkin the robot likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

Thanks for the advice, went to get bike fitted and it turns out to be the wrong size for me anyway, spoke to the shop and they are giving me a full refund,,:thumbsup:

biggs682 likes this.
  15. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

So what you going to buy next ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice