Wilko gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Packaging is often reglued.

Well, you learn something every day, thanks.

If you're sniffing the glue on the packaging I guess you have to watch you don't overdo things, otherwise you may start to feel the affects and get chased out of the shop by a giant Twix wrapper riding a combine harvester or something...:crazy:

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, you learn something every day, thanks.

If you're sniffing the glue on the packaging I guess you have to watch you don't overdo things, otherwise you may start to feel the affects and get chased out of the shop by a giant Twix wrapper riding a combine harvester or something...:crazy:
Older stock will have lost the smell. So if its been repacked you can tell.
Cue Wilkinson staff wondering what's going on with people sniffing the packaging now though.

MarkF

Guru
:unsure:

Hope I don't regret asking this but why are you sniffing bike accessory packaging..? :unsure:

Carl, there is a horrible smell in Poundland/Stretcher/Wilko and it makes me retch, all the Chinese shops (1 Euro shops) in Spain have it too and stock the same goods. In 2012 I was staying in Badalona (adjoined to BCN) and I could smell the same horrible whiff in the air. I tracked it down to some gigantic warehouses, where poor Chinese kids were unloading containers of cheap crap, probably destined for all the Euro shops. Anyway..................Wilko stuff is not some sort of upmarket Poundland crap, I have a very keen sense of smell. ^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Carl, there is a horrible smell in Poundland/Stretcher/Wilko and it makes me retch, all the Chinese shops (1 Euro shops) in Spain have it too and stock the same goods. In 2012 I was staying in Badalona (adjoined to BCN) and I could smell the same horrible whiff in the air. I tracked it down to some gigantic warehouses, where poor Chinese kids were unloading containers of cheap crap, probably destined for all the Euro shops. Anyway..................Wilko stuff is not some sort of upmarket Poundland crap, I have a very keen sense of smell. ^_^
Should Wilkinson's in Shipley be worried?

Cp40Carl

Über Member

Wow, I really was unaware of this. Terrible really although I suppose this is a result of consumerism. My nasal cavity will be on full alert next time I'm checking out those unfeasibly cheap inner tubes...

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Should Wilkinson's in Shipley be worried?

Remember The Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (showing my age here)? He could smell children from a great distance (although, having since attended several indoor childrens parties, such an attribute is perhaps not quite so remarkable).

Well, maybe if he's still around we could persuade him to turn his nostrils to a new line of work...

classic33

Leg End Member
Remember The Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (showing my age here)? He could smell children from a great distance (although, having since attended several indoor childrens parties, such an attribute is perhaps not quite so remarkable).

Well, maybe if he's still around we could persuade him to turn his nostrils to a new line of work...
Working in a shop, it was one of the things we had to do on a returned item, that was faulty in a sealed blister packet.

Cp40Carl

Über Member
So, next time someone says that the cheap cycle products in Wilkinsons are not to be sniffed at, I will have a few things to say to them!

classic33

Leg End Member
Wow, I really was unaware of this. Terrible really although I suppose this is a result of consumerism. My nasal cavity will be on full alert next time I'm checking out those unfeasibly cheap inner tubes...
Gives "sniffing out a bargain" a new meaning.

Odd taste of the the Poundland innertubes though.

Postmanhat

Has anyone tried the Cree front light? Need a new one

The local one used to sell small lights with an elasticated loop attached. I found them handy for looping round the strap on the back of my seatpost bag. Was never too sure what else they'd be useful for though? Ear rings?

Hyslop

Veteran
Older stock will have lost the smell. So if its been repacked you can tell.
Cue Wilkinson staff wondering what's going on with people sniffing the packaging now tho
What you may find is that you are approached by a member of staff pointing out that,should you prefer their packaging glue over say,Poundland,then you might like to visit their website and say so.Whereupon you will be entered into a draw to win a free weekend stay in their warehouse where you can sniff away to your hearts content.

Top Bottom