Will I get anywhere?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jackhandy

Good on yer...
You make me feel a tad guilty ( but only a tad, mind - there's a LOT of hills down here in the Cornish Alps :stop:)
Because I've recently fitted a bike with a battery & motor kit that gives me a boost on the ups:whistle:

Some see it as cheating, particularly when I grind past them as they get off to push but, at 63 & not having ridden for 15 years, it means I tackle routes I'd gib at otherwise.

PETE

Lee_M

Guru
Yep absolutely, no reason why us oldies cant be fit!

I'm almost 51 and just back after a triple discectomy operation, but after 3 rides I'm back to 40 miles averaging 16 mph and I'm out on a 50 miler tomorrow

Stick with it enitharmon you'll get there!

OP
OP
enitharmon

enitharmon

Regular
Not in this :rain: weather I won't, Lee_M.
Two days ago I got a thorough drenching on my bike , returning from a bowls match abandoned owing to a passing monsoon that turned the green into a shallow lake within a couple of minutes. Not one of the more exhilarating pleasures life has to offer, although I suppose I should be grateful that the homeward trip was downhill[*] with the considerable wind at my back. I'd have hated to be going the other way.

[*] In theory there is no need to pedal for the 3km from West Mount to the waterfront; the only interruptions being traffic lights and idiots parking in the cycle lane. I note, though, that following recent resurfacing work a whole stretch of bike lane on both sides of the road has vanished.

Lee_M

Guru
Two weeks ago I was at my furthest point from home (about 19 miles) and the heavens opened, had no option but to keep going, ended up in the middle of the road as the sides had disappeared!

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
Hi...I have just seen this and I hail from nearby!!! My first proper trip out on my new bike was the coast road!! Sounds like you're doing great!! Might pass you along the way somewhere!! :hello:

raindog

er.....
........ and nobody is looking if I get off and push up the hills and freewheel down them.
Absolutely, and even if someone is looking, don't worry about it - this is all about enjoyment.
Keep getting those miles in! :smile:

great thread btw

Top Bottom