Will larger tyre fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have a Jamis Aurora tourer that gets used and abused mostly as a utility bike.

It has Vittoria randoneur 700 x 32c tyres that are really tough but now clapped out . Wiggle have Vittoria Randonneur 700 x 35c on a good offer.

The tightest clearance is on the back between tyre and chain stays where a 5mm hex key is a loose fit both sides in the gap.

do you think the 35c will be ok?

Yes. Just.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm going to say 'yes'.

The size difference isn't huge, and I've known instances where the larger sized tyre appears no different to the next size down.

Mudguard clearance is worth thinking about.

The wider tyre may sit a bit taller.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Thanks for the replies. I just went to order them from Wiggle who had them on the site for £7.99 intead of £22 but not available in 700c despite the page saying they were..

They are heavy work horse type tyres but I honestly cannot remember a fairy visit in several years of crappy South Wales roads.

Slioch

Guru
Hmmm. Only problem with tyres is that when you fit them and give the wheel a spin they may seem ok, but when you sit on them they squidge out a bit and may rub if the clearance is borderline.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

They are £8 a Planet X in 700c x 35mm if that’s any good. 32mm also available for the same price.
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYVIRAN/vittoria-randonneur-wired-tyre
Ordered a pair of the 32c Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom