1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will my trainer arrive today?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Joe, 21 Jun 2008.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Joe

Joe Über Member

Chainreaction says "Your parcel has been dispatched on a Parcel Force two day service. This means that your parcel is due for delivery two working days after placing your order between the hours of 9am and 5:30pm. Delivery will not be attempted on Saturday or Sunday."

Parcelforce tracking says "Out for delivery" which according to them means "The parcel is on the delivery vehicle for delivery today."

Should I get my hopes up?:evil:

2. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Sorry to put a downer on it, but with today being Saturday, I find it incredulous that after reading this 'Delivery will not be attempted on Saturday or Sunday' you believe there is a real chance of delivery!

But I do admire your optimism! :evil:

3. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Put it as a no. If it dont turn up you wont be so down. If it does then you will be even happier:biggrin:

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Monday if you're lucky is my guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. OP
    OP
    Joe

Joe Über Member

Cheers. Flames of optimism doused.
    But if I go out and they try to deliver it...:smile:

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

We'll all be out on our bikes so hopefully you won't catch us if that does happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

They won't deliver on a Saturday, they never do! And it says they won't, so just go out!

8. OP
    OP
    Joe

Joe Über Member

Well you were right, of course. They tried to deliver it on Monday but I wasn't in so I've only just got it.
    I set it up in front of the telly for the footie this evening. Oh my god! I just about made it until half time, and caused some localised flooding with my sweat. I also couldn't concentrate on the football at all!;)