Will these make me go faster....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm in the market for some jockey wheels for the commuting bike as the current ones are now sharp enough to draw blood.

I came across these. What I want to know is, for £120, will I go noticeably quicker?

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
NO, simple answer, no deff not, long complex answer, but hey if u want them ,have the money ect why not?

No, but that is down to the colour. I have these on my CAAD

kcnc-red-jockey-wheels.jpg

and they make me go faster because they are red and they are shiny, honest Guv ;)^_^

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
They're the kind of product where the staff ring a bell and high-five each other when some sucker coughs up the dosh to buy it.

GC

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
On the plus side, consider the longevity: "These pulleys should outlive your bike, provided your chain is cleaned and replaced when it should, before the stretched gritty chain wears down the pulleys."

In that way, they're just like my tyres, which will outlive the bike, provided the road is replaced before the surface wears down the tread.

Zakalwe

I finish all my training loops with a lap of Silverstone, with my tyres up to temp I can pick up enough spent rubber a la F1 cars before final weigh in to replenish any wear to my tyres. I've had these same Vittorias going since 1997 with my method.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I have handled a pair of those - wonderful bit of kit and they quieten the drivetrain down to a deadly hush.

If you have the money - get em.

Top Bottom