Willier Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Can't put my finger on quite why l like the look of this frame, know nothing about the bikes (presumably road race) ? Is anyone willing to share opinions / knowledge with the Vitus freak ?
s-l1600.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
I had one of those, looks in good nick, around 10 years old going off the colours.

Nice ride, light frame too for the price. Was around £750 when I bought it new.

I don't think the fork is original - I'm sure mine had a Wilier decal on it. Though I suppose it could have been removed.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I had one of those, looks in good nick, around 10 years old going off the colours.

Nice ride, light frame too for the price. Was around £750 when I bought it new.

I don't think the fork is original - I'm sure mine had a Wilier decal on it. Though I suppose it could have been removed.
The fork on this one is carbon, is that likely to make it an add-on ? l recon you're right about its age .

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Every image I can find of this colour way shows a black fork with no decals so I think they are original. View attachment 494264
View attachment 494265
Thanks for that, l was wondering what the rest of it should look like and it appeals to me . I might have to think about the frame . The guy that wants to sell is in Italy and though he has provided his phone number , my Italian is far short of carrying out a phone conversation^_^. Still the crunch number is €140 as l understand it which seems reasonable but not cheap l guess !

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Thanks for that, l was wondering what the rest of it should look like and it appeals to me . I might have to think about the frame . The guy that wants to sell is in Italy and though he has provided his phone number , my Italian is far short of carrying out a phone conversation^_^. Still the crunch number is €140 as l understand it which seems reasonable but not cheap l guess !
As you I can certainly see the appeal, at 140 euros it is reasonable but no bargain. There looks to be a heck of a lot of cable rub on the head tube. May be worth a silly offer?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I don't think that's cable rub on the head tube, I thing it's a badge of some sort. From what I can see it's a budget alloy frame with a budget no-name carbon fork, probably rides OK but you can get something like a Bianchi Via Nirone C2C in great nick from a UK non-cyclist who just bought it to do a charidee ride then gave up cycling..

Top Bottom