Win wing fenders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suddabym

Just putting out there to see if anyone has used the win wing fenders as I hate the look of full wrap around ones and if so what’s your verdict ?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Never heard of them off to do some googling

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I've no personal experience of them, they certainly get generally favourable write ups, though I have reservations about the amount of coverage they really provide. I expect the seatpost is still going to cop a lot of muck for a start and any water bottles you have in the main triangle will get pretty mucky. I do like the look of the mounting system a lot though, easily removable without using throw away cable ties.

1672229204460.png

I use a Mudhugger gravel fender on my bike, not the prettiest of things, but due to the size of my tires, I can't fit a traditional mudguard in there.
Personally, if this mudguard had the mounting system of the Win Wing, then that would be my personal favourite, I really hate the wasteful cable tie's I need to use to mount the mudguard.

1672229435287.png

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

I've no personal experience of them, they certainly get generally favourable write ups, though I have reservations about the amount of coverage they really provide. I expect the seatpost is still going to cop a lot of muck for a start and any water bottles you have in the main triangle will get pretty mucky. I do like the look of the mounting system a lot though, easily removable without using throw away cable ties.

View attachment 672548

I use a Mudhugger gravel fender on my bike, not the prettiest of things, but due to the size of my tires, I can't fit a traditional mudguard in there.
Personally, if this mudguard had the mounting system of the Win Wing, then that would be my personal favourite, I really hate the wasteful cable tie's I need to use to mount the mudguard.

View attachment 672549

Thank you for replying tbh all I’m bothered about is stopping the mud from going on to my new cycling jacket lol
Those mudguards you have look great I may look in to those as well 👍

Just putting out there to see if anyone has used the win wing fenders as I hate the look of full wrap around ones and if so what’s your verdict ?

I spent my first 20 years or so cycling without mudguards - hated the things.
Then the next 20 - I tried them. Man they're good. They've been on my gravel bike that I've ridden all year round for the last 2 years - even fast long Sunday rides. Short guards just keep some of the muck and water off you - you'll still have to wash the kit. Full guards - no need to wash the jacket at all.
The short ones are useless and usually end up scratching the frame where they attach.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Use wing Wang fenders if you want to look cool but proper ones if you want to stay clean. :smile:

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Well I've just returned from a quick ride off-road in the pouring rain and it's a complete mudbath out there. Whilst I don't use the Win Wing, I do use the mudhugger guard I popped a picture of in my post above. I can safely say that whilst the seatpost/bottom bracket of the bike is covered in mud, my back most definitely isn't.

So yes, full mudguards are going to give the best coverage, but these partial mudguards also do an excellent job of keeping the mud off of you. Also it's not a fashion/marketing thing that some of you like to think it is, but a practical choice driven by the fact that my bike won't except any other type of mudguard.

Top Bottom