Win wing fenders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
For the sceptics, here's a good video reviewing the Win wing, along with some good shots of it being tested in some pretty rotten conditions. As I pondered above, it's great at keeping your back clean and dry, but the bike will get a good covering of mud, much more than I get with the Mudhugger guards.

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

Use wing Wang fenders if you want to look cool but proper ones if you want to stay clean. :smile:

I suppose that’s the top and bottom of it I’d love to look cool but In the end I suppose practicality has to win :-(

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
TBH, it looks like it would keep "some" of the crap off a dropper post and the saddle if you were doing proper MTB'ing - the mud on the saddle turns into a grinding paste on your shorts ! And it would work on a FS, but in no way do these little mudguards keep that much off you.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
what bike are these for?
Bikes like my gravel bike. With the 47mm tires that I use, I can't use full mudguards because there's not enough room between the seat stay and the sides of the tire. Smaller tires would allow me to run a mudguard, but they are no use for the places I ride my bike.

but in no way do these little mudguards keep that much off you.

Watch the video I linked to, it's actually quite surprising how much mud they do keep off. Admittedly the bike he used was filthy, but it really didn't look like hardly any mud reached the saddle.

vickster

Legendary Member
Bikes like my gravel bike. With the 47mm tires that I use, I can't use full mudguards because there's not enough room between the seat stay and the sides of the tire. Smaller tires would allow me to run a mudguard, but they are no use for the places I ride my bike.

Watch the video I linked to, it's actually quite surprising how much mud they do keep off. Admittedly the bike he used was filthy, but it really didn't look like hardly any mud reached the saddle.

I meant to ask the OP?

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

But to me, they don’t actually look cool in the slightest! Marginally cooler than a shite stripe up your back though!
what bike are these for?
Norco threshold 3 cyclocross bike

Attachments

• 555F53AD-61FE-4AED-8624-4464EAC8918B.jpeg
    555F53AD-61FE-4AED-8624-4464EAC8918B.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 6551B522-CCB0-41C0-9D8E-C481135F5EAC.jpeg
    6551B522-CCB0-41C0-9D8E-C481135F5EAC.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom