England : Hampshire Winchester to Salisbury and back - Cancelled :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just found this thread.
About bl###y time Big Bollo organised a ride, P!
Sounds fun.
Drawbacks, not enough time to earn brownie points cos FNRttC following friday, swiftly followed by Stu's lumpy one. Also, short of driving to Winch, it would take me forever to get there.
Like others, another time. Shame.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Just found this thread.
About bl###y time Big Bollo organised a ride, P!
Sounds fun.
Drawbacks, not enough time to earn brownie points cos FNRttC following friday, swiftly followed by Stu's lumpy one. Also, short of driving to Winch, it would take me forever to get there.
Like others, another time. Shame.
Mediocre, Shads, mediocre! I had to pick a start that was reasonably easily accessible from that London, gave good ride to Salisbury and most importantly was minutes from my house :okay:.

I've one or two non-CC takers for this so barring catastrophic weather it'll go ahead. One and all welcome.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
@StuAff
@gbs
@Tim Hall

...and anyone else lurking.

What other ride can boast a destination that's just been ritually cleansed? The weather looks promising and the countryside is eventually showing a flush of green. There are no unreliable chain ferries (or ferries of any kind) to worry about. The train from that London takes less than an hour. You know you want to.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Sorry peeps, I'm pulling the plug on this one. I've had a few non-CC dropouts and interest here seems to be limited, so its probably not going to reward the effort. If there's more interest on another date then I'll resurrect it.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sorry peeps, I'm pulling the plug on this one. I've had a few non-CC dropouts and interest here seems to be limited, so its probably not going to reward the effort. If there's more interest on another date then I'll resurrect it.
Boo. Might head that way anyway on Saturday (or might not). Salisbury definitely needs the help, given the latest news about decontamination....

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Boo. Might head that way anyway on Saturday (or might not). Salisbury definitely needs the help, given the latest news about decontamination....
If you decide to go, PM or text me and I'll try and run an intercept. Does your route head through the New Forest or go further north via Romsey?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
If you decide to go, PM or text me and I'll try and run an intercept. Does your route head through the New Forest or go further north via Romsey?
Will do. Might head Brighton way instead, forecast is for easterlies and I prefer to have a tailwind on the way home.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Will do. Might head Brighton way instead, forecast is for easterlies and I prefer to have a tailwind on the way home.
No worries, I did spot the slightly unusual easterly for Saturday. If it doesn't happen, see you for the IoW.

Top Bottom