Wind cheetah trike value?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carvertattoo

So i foolishly ended up with a one of these in the hope that riding it would be preferable for my back. Turns out the absolute opposite is true and its exasperated it a lot. Now the question is what do do with said trike and how much are they worth? Its number 500 and something couldn't remember of the top of my head. xt gear set and middle burn cranks. Any ideas?

Basically it worth what someone is willing to pay for it ,
I suggest a photo on the forum might get a few valuations and perhaps generate interest and of course your locale .

if you cannot post photos yet I suggest a link from a free to post image sharing site !

regards emma

classic33

Leg End Member
How much have you used it, and was it new when you bought it?

Have you got a figure in mind, actual or percentage wise that you'd not be willing to drop below?

OP
OP
C

carvertattoo

I was gifted it so no idea on its value or anything like that at all. It wasn't new when I got it but does appear to be in very good condition Located in Norwich. Was more just looking for a general value of it really.
20068376_1489387317750779_2055272197_n.jpg

MikeG

Guru
Isn't it this machine which held (holds?) the Land's End to John O'Groats record (Andy Wilkinson)? He had a full fairing version, but nonetheless, if my memory is correct, this is one fast machine.

classic33

Leg End Member
I would like to fund something I might be able to ride with a buggered back so will have to decline for now.
So long as you keep me in mind!!
Asked more in jest, than anything else.

See the post by @TheDoctor as well. I did check ebay before asking, but none listed.

OP
OP
C

carvertattoo

They're a few thousand new, and hold thier value really well.
I'd offer you £500, but you'd be mad to accept.
You'll get way more on eBay easily.
So what you reckon as a rough guide then £1000? This is my first ever recumbent so I genuinely am clueless. The only bikes I have had previous are old classics and track bike and they are easy to value ha ha

MikeG

Guru
You must have paid something for it. Therefore, you have something of a clue as to its worth. Try for that, or knock a bit off. Or put it on eBay and see what happens.

The problem with the Windcheetah design was that the frame is fixed. Was tis a Trice, HP Velotechnik, or others then the frame was alterable to size

This restricts the possible buyers and hence restricts the price

Perhaps off topic, but...

This was a racing machine, intended to be fast and manoeuvrable, so comfort was not really a factor

There are a whole range of alternative recumbent trikes designed for touring, and may before more comfortable, there are also some with suspension on the rear wheel, or on all three

The correct recumbent trike could still be your solution

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
@Cunobelin makes a good point. Windcheetahs are lovely, but they are very low and a real challenge to get in and out of if your knees aren't in good nick. I struggled a bit when I last rode one, and I was 42 then!
IIRC the seat is movable, but the seat mount also doubles as a stop for various cables. You can adjust the size a bit, but it takes ruddy forever.
@Wobbly John is more than likely right about the price. He's well up on 'bents and general non-bike-shaped cycles.
I still have good memories of the Wobblebike he build for Roger Hilldodger.

Top Bottom