Wind turbines ... not all they're "cracked" up to be!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaded

erm, I'm not sure it was me that strung the balloon up.

jashburnham

I should point out that in this instance the phrase NIMBY doesn't apply literally anyway, my dad lives 15 miles from the site and will not even be able to see the turbines. Perhaps NIMNR would be more appropriate - Not In My Nature Reserve or even NIMSSSI.

Personally I'd be happier with Nuclear, it takes up far less space, produces far more power and there's already one down the road at Dungeness so the local populace are used to having nuclear on their doorstop. It seems to serve the French well enough.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
User482 said:
I also recall there being raised radioactivity levels in the shellfish in Morecambe Bay - just along from Heysham...

For years the chemical/nuclear industry had a rhyme which they used to justify pollution it went something like:

"The solution to pollution is dilution"

Which is true, given enough dilution...they produced impressive data analysis and extensive analytical sampling of the environment to illustrate this point... at the levels they measursed their was no appreciable risk, nothing wrong with the sampling, the data or the theory
Trouble is they forgot to talk to the ecologists or marine biologists who could have told them that living organisms have the unfortunate habit, via the food chain, of concentrating those extremly dilute toxins back up to levels way above the 'safe dosage' xx(

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
"The Sellafield Swimming Club was later disbanded..." :cry:
fishman.jpg

Top Bottom