Wind turbines ... not all they're "cracked" up to be!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Ah yes, the catastrophic result of a wind turbine failure. Makes Chernobyl pale into insignificance dont'cha think! :blush:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
The bigger ones really do look graceful. When we were going along the road in Germany and saw them, we thought they really were graceful. We saw the blades on the back of trucks, and i wouldnt like to see them fly off, they are absolutly huge when you see them on the ground.

andygates

wafflycat said:
Ah yes, the catastrophic result of a wind turbine failure. Makes Chernobyl pale into insignificance dont'cha think! :biggrin:

It might have.. I dunno, scared a few cows in a nearby field? :biggrin:

Clearly any decent generating equipment would have had the decency to at least create a leukemia cluster! Pah, wussy bloody wind!

col

Legendary Member
Thats it,two faulty out of i dont know how many that are all over the place,cancel them all!Well thats the normal reaction isnt it?Getting the rest safety checked wouldnt be difficult,and reinforced if needed?

I always remember that the wind twerly things I stuck in the sand as a youngster used to get blown over.

Jaded

The great thing is that wind turbines allow me to leave all my lights on without affecting my conscience.

Bring 'em on, I say.

col

Legendary Member
It seems someones calculations were wrong,or sloppy work,either way,it couldnt stay up when it is designed to.:wacko:

simoncc said:
No. They'll probably kill just as many people as our nuclear power stations have done - nobody. If only they were as useful as nuclear power stations at generating electricity.

Windscale - an inevitable part of our nuclear industry - has killed hundreds if not thousands.

What's for darn sure is that wind turbines will never have to be bankrolled in the fashion (if £70,000,000,000 can ever be fashionable) that this government intends.

Wind power could give us 20% of our electricity by 2015. Nuclear might give us one power station in 2017. Given that we're in a hurry...

Top Bottom