Wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I find I only ever cycle when there's a tailwind. I may be unique in finding these conditions on every ride I take.

The only slightly troubling factor is that I cycle into the tailwind rather than with it.

On every f**king ride.

In both f**king directions.

There is no God - and if there is, He's a Spurs fan. (Not intended as a potentially racially divisive comment).

Thank you. Carry on.

tadpole

I love the wind, it helps push to try harder when going against a head wind and gives me some great rides when it is behind me, as it was this morning. Yesterday I cycled into the wind going home and the head wind was driving the rain so hard it was actually painful, really painful. But still better than sitting in the traffic for 40 minutes.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Here's what to do about wind: If it's a westerly, catch a train or get someone to drive you a goodly distance upwind, to the west. For me that means Blackpool, which is a dump that I want to leave as fast as possible. This means I get a wind-assisted ride all the way home, which makes me feel great and bumps up my average speed by 2-3 mph. I can also ride east, to Settle for example, where I meet my family for coffee at The Naked Man and get a lift home.

I'm not ashamed to cheat in this way because it enables me to mix cycling with family stuff and it gives me fast exciting riding with a destination in mind rather than just going round my usual circuits.

gilespargiter

Veteran
Here's what to do about wind: If it's a westerly, catch a train or get someone to drive you a goodly distance upwind, to the west. For me that means Blackpool, which is a dump that I want to leave as fast as possible. This means I get a wind-assisted ride all the way home, which makes me feel great and bumps up my average speed by 2-3 mph. I can also ride east, to Settle for example, where I meet my family for coffee at The Naked Man and get a lift home.

I'm not ashamed to cheat in this way because it enables me to mix cycling with family stuff and it gives me fast exciting riding with a destination in mind rather than just going round my usual circuits.

Not the least reason you should be ashamed - just like downhill cycling - missing out on half the experience all the time ...

Attachments

• treeswing.gif
    treeswing.gif
    33.9 KB · Views: 30

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
where I meet my family for coffee at The Naked Man and get a lift home.

Sounds like an open minded family there!

Top Bottom