Windows 10 problem. How do I disable The Administator blocking an app?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I would be very grateful for advice.
I have a bit of software on a CD that gets blocked by the Administrator when I try and run it. It isn't something from The Dark Web that is likely to deprave me, just the installation software for my printer that I want to install on my new laptop. The problem is that I keep getting this message. I'm sure there is a way round this but I have not found it yet.

BTW, nobody has used this laptop apart from me since it came out of the box so I guess I must be the Administrator.

Thank you

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I have had this before when transferring images relating to my business, its Windows 10 being ridiculous quite frankly. Rather than submit to typing a wall of meaningless text, i'll link you to this:

https://www.prajwaldesai.com/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection/

In the search box (bottom left) type “User Account Control” and you can change it to be less paranoid while you install the software. Best to return it to previous setting after

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
In the search box (bottom left) type “User Account Control” and you can change it to be less paranoid while you install the software. Best to return it to previous setting after
I put the slider right down at The South Pole but the problem is still there.

stephec

Legendary Member
I don't know how to. This Administrator chap has never reared his ugly head before.
Click on the windows icon bottom left, then the settings icon that will appear.

You should then see accounts somewhere in the box that will open, click on accounts and it will show you all users on your pc, and if they are an administrator.

If you already are one then that's the limits of my IT knowledge unfortunately. 😄

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It’ll be because it’s not signed with a publisher. Find the file on your DVD drive and right click it to run as administrator.
It’ll be because it’s not signed with a publisher. Find the file on your DVD drive and right click it to run as administrator.
I click "Run as Administrator " and get exactly the same message as in my Post #1.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
As ever I can be of spectacular help here.

Contact the administrator. (have a word with yourself)

Is it possible the printer just doesn't fancy the laptop?

Maybe playing hard to get.

Contact the administrator, he'll start a thread here for you.

Hope that helps.
I'll give myself a good talking to.

Top Bottom