Windows 10 Updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I didn't know do many still used a laptop/desktop PC. Much easier to use a tablet or phone for browsing.
I find the bigger screen easier on my ageing eyes. I churn out some quite long posts (:laugh:) and it is much nicer using a good quality physical keyboard for those rather than a small touchscreen keyboard. (Mind you, I just played with speech-to-text on my phone and it made quite a good job of working out what I wanted typing ... :whistle:)

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I hate win 10. Spent a whole year trying to install / uninstall updates.

the snail

Guru
I think in answer to the OP, this is a major update so that's why it's taking ages. There was a warning when mine updated that it would take ages, so this is probably best done overnight. I don't know what update settings people have, but mine asks me when to update rather than doing it at microsoft's convenience.

aferris2

Guru
Don't know if Microsoft and/or Avast have sorted this yet, but be careful if you do use Avast. My other half got a free disk clean with this update (link). The general view then (23 May) was to uninstall Avast before the update got a chance to run.
...and make sure everything is backed up!

U

User6179

No idea??

Oh dear...…….

I was wondering if you were using internet explorer browser before the update which gets replaced by Edge browser after the update ?

Top Bottom