Windows 11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Indeed, Windows 7 still gets my vote for the best Windows ever. Only the lack of security patching stops me using it now. If I had the budget for a 24/7 server/dedicated firewall, I'd happily still use it.

And surely Windows 8:evil: put paid to the bad odd numbered concept

Well the suggestion that odd-numbered versions were to be avoided didn't necessarily endorse even-numbered versions. :rolleyes:

Come to that, Windows 5 (aka XP) wasn't that bad.

There was a reason I put "in the know" in quotes :smile:

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm still waiting for 3.1 to make a comeback. Who needs file names with more than eight characters? :becool:

Mike_P

Guru
I'm still waiting for 3.1 to make a comeback. Who needs file names with more than eight characters? :becool:
To be strictly correct 3.11 as 3.1 was patched very quickly after release. Bit confused on the numbering as if XP was 5, 95 and 98 were presumably 4 and 4.? but that still leaves ME, 2000 and Vista with only 6. Was ME a 4.?, vista 6 and 2000 excluded?

Rezillo

TwoSheds
To be strictly correct 3.11 as 3.1 was patched very quickly after release. Bit confused on the numbering as if XP was 5, 95 and 98 were presumably 4 and 4.? but that still leaves ME, 2000 and Vista with only 6. Was ME a 4.?, vista 6 and 2000 excluded?

3.11 aka WfWG. I must be one of the few people in the world with a registered copy of Trumpet Winsock.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Vista was a bit of a mess really. I am liking Win 11 a lot though. 5ghz 10 core processor and fast SSD make it shine.

I not calling for the return of EDLIN but there's something wrong with needing so much horsepower to make an operating system shine.

Top Bottom