Windscreen washer= multi-directional splatter blasters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

Those chuffing knobbers have twisted the windscreen washer jet so it sprays out sideways, I've had this a couple of times, they use them to squirt cyclists. Mentioned this to a mate who said he'd never heard of it and then it happened to him!

Waiting at lights, coach pulls up and the spacking gaylord coach driver sprayed my mate and another bloke.

"Well"

said the other cyclist

"That makes me cycle reeeeaaaally slowly!"

"Yeah"

said my mate

"Affected my gears too!"

So he and my mate dawdled in front of the coach making self-gratification artist signs.

Gotta be an offence, but you know the driver would claim it's an accident.

Cab

Yeah, I've had a face full of screen wash. A few times, always seems to be the same junction, which is most odd. However, the solution is clear; draw attention to what has happened, if the motorist is apologetic then its an accident. If the motorist laughs then it takes ages to wipe that stuff off, you may even be forced to sit there till the lights change a couple of times, even yelling out 'ahh! my eyes, my eyes, I've got antifreeze in my eyes!'.

Mr Pig

Cab said:
if the motorist is apologetic then its an accident.

How could it be an accident? He accidently turned his washer jets around?

I've had this happen to me whilst walking but not on the bike. Knowing me I'd probably still be standing there wondering what was going on after the car was ten miles away!

Cab

Mr Pig said:
How could it be an accident? He accidently turned his washer jets around?

I've had this happen to me whilst walking but not on the bike. Knowing me I'd probably still be standing there wondering what was going on after the car was ten miles away!

Are you sure that this is done intentionally? I've seen some of the screen squirters push water out at the windscreen and 45 degrees sideways at the same time; they get bunged up, they squiret all over the place. If its done intentionally then you'll know because they'll be laughing at you. If they're apologetic then you know better.

Maz

Guru
Cab said:
Yeah, I've had a face full of screen wash. A few times, always seems to be the same junction, which is most odd. However, the solution is clear;
Actually, most screenwash has a blue tinge to it.

Maz

Guru
I've been splattered a few times with screenwash. They did a quick squirt on the windscreen and flick it with the wipers! Heard them laughing about it...

domd1979

Veteran
I get splattered sat in the driving seat of my car if I wash the screen when the driver's window is open. Don't quite know how it manages to do it, but it does.

Bodhbh

Guru
Time to start packing a water pistol.

Plax

Guru
I got squirted on Saturday. I think it was definitely intentional. I mean who cleans their windscreen when simultaneously overtaking? I found it quite refreshing as it was a hot day.

OP
OP
S

spindrift

The same charge that could be laid against a driver who drives through a puddle too fast and spashes someone.

Mr Pig

spindrift said:
The same charge that could be laid against a driver who drives through a puddle too fast and spashes someone.

I drove past a huge puddle last week just as three neds were walking past it. I was soOOooooo tempted...

Cab

User said:
If you are deliberately squirted by a driver's windscreen washers this can be a criminal offence under Section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 - driving without due consideration.

Oh, but can you imagine trying to get plod to take that seriously? :biggrin:

The nozzles do move about a bit after time as I have re-adjust mine every so often. I got squirted a few weeks back... by the wife... although I was following her rather being by her side. She obviously blamed me as I hadn't re-adjusted them correctly and she says I shouldn't have been tailgating her either! :wacko:

Accident or Intentional??... only the driver would ever know for sure I guess!

Top Bottom