Wine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bongofury66

We have had a 'beer' topic - now wine. So all you cyclechat cafe racers what is your delight?

I'll start off with Wolfblass Cabernet Sauvignon Yellow label- good fruity stuff with a great depth of taste. Ideal after a good ride.:becool:

danphoto

Home-made from a kit Merlot, Pinot Grigio or Gerwurtztraminer. £1.30 a bottle :becool:

U

User482

Wolfblass is ok, but a lot of Aussie wine is made to the lowest common denominator. Lots of alcohol, oak and fruit, but not much by way of subtlety. It impresses on the first sip, but quickly loses its appeal to me. I still think that if you go a little upmarket, you can't beat the French.

OP
OP
bongofury66

bongofury66

OK recommend one ....perhaps not TOO upmarket?
Wolfblass is ok, but a lot of Aussie wine is made to the lowest common denominator. Lots of alcohol, oak and fruit, but not much by way of subtlety. It impresses on the first sip, but quickly loses its appeal to me. I still think that if you go a little upmarket, you can't beat the French.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Good Alsace whites are terrific and nobody else does with Gewurztraminer what they achieve. I also love the light Rieslings from the Mosel and Saar. They are just incomparable summer evening wines.

As for reds, well I'm spoiled for choice where I live.

Bayerd

Über Member
The home made kits good then??? Never given it a go.

I guess it depends on what your reference point is. I'm more a beer man myself, but occasionally get a £5 bottle to go with Sunday dinner etc. The kits are equal to them for less money. If you're after more, give them a go and leave them to mature but there's a chance you'd be disappointed.

I also ferment grape juice and leave it a good while for the same purpous and works out about 80p per bottle.

Top Bottom