Wine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

To an outsider this thread could resemble something out of Private Eye's Pseud's Corner :biggrin:.

Only joking Velvet C. I'm sure I recently read something about Lebanese wines being the next big thing.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
A few years back if you said you were drinking Chilean red people thought you were some pretentious prat.

In Lebanon they have the right climate, the right soil and elevation, what they've not had in the past is political stability (being shelled by Israel doesn't help), and financial backing. Now it's all coming together and there are some sizeable vineyards starting to mature.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 15
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 33
OP
OP
bongofury66

bongofury66

I am out of my depth ...lol. Wish i had never started the thread now......I'm going back to beer now. Thanks for the ideas however.:wub:
To an outsider this thread could resemble something out of Private Eye's Pseud's Corner :biggrin:.

Only joking Velvet C. I'm sure I recently read something about Lebanese wines being the next big thing.

gavintc

Guru
We tend to drink prosecco here (cheap Italian bubbles). You can get a decent bottle from the local supermarket for Euro 3.5. It has become our alcohol of choice.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My current favourite is Chateau Kefreya, an estate wine from the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon. Don't tell everyone, but there are some pretty good wines starting to come out of Lebanon these days.

only issue i would take with you is that there have been pretty good wines, and then some, coming out of the Bekaa Valley for donkeys years. if anything they are returning to former heights. exporting was a the problem in more recent years not the quality of the product.

lukesdad

White would have to be Mersault, red probably a Nuits st Georges or a Gevrey Chambertin, but dont mind a Barolo or Hermitage.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
One of the best reds I've ever had was a thing called Tjan Za Yug from Macedonia. It cost about €1.50 a bottle. If it had been French, I reckon it would have cost about 30 quid.

Stephenite

Membå
DSC_0127.JPG

I've been saving this for a special occasion. I quit my job a couple of years ago because i was going mad (anxiety/depression). It has been a bit harder than i had reckoned to find work. It might be because of my age - i'm nearly 50, but i think i'm 30. It might be that Norway entered it's first ever recession. Whatever the reason may be, i'm starting a new job on monday. Yay! So we have opened the special bottle for the occasion. Wow! What complexities! It starts off like sweaty socks :biggrin: (this makes the boxes of Lindemanns i've been quaffing recently seem like cordial), but then expands and becomes something very satisfying indeed.

Here's to me for getting a new job :smile:

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
View attachment 152647

I've been saving this for a special occasion. I quit my job a couple of years ago because i was going mad (anxiety/depression). It has been a bit harder than i had reckoned to find work. It might be because of my age - i'm nearly 50, but i think i'm 30. It might be that Norway entered it's first ever recession. Whatever the reason may be, i'm starting a new job on monday. Yay! So we have opened the special bottle for the occasion. Wow! What complexities! It starts off like sweaty socks :biggrin: (this makes the boxes of Lindemanns i've been quaffing recently seem like cordial), but then expands and becomes something very satisfying indeed.

:bravo:well done and good luck in the new job.

ozboz

Guru
Its good to have a wine thread, in my early days I just drank it because it was there , and red white or ros'e, thses days I some times can be around 1/2 or so checking out the wine racks ,
Whilst in Australia , in the local bottleshop , I came across a wine called Verdello , it was from a vinyard in N Qld , after that I used to check out the shelves and Verdello's were usually to be found ,and enjoyed, but, here in Uk , I have never come across it , has any one seen or heard of it ?

ozboz

Guru
View attachment 152647

Yeah !! Good luck !!
Norway , you live there ?

Top Bottom