Wine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its good to have a wine thread, in my early days I just drank it because it was there , and red white or ros'e, thses days I some times can be around 1/2 or so checking out the wine racks ,
Whilst in Australia , in the local bottleshop , I came across a wine called Verdello , it was from a vinyard in N Qld , after that I used to check out the shelves and Verdello's were usually to be found ,and enjoyed, but, here in Uk , I have never come across it , has any one seen or heard of it ?
Verdelho is a grape variety, mostly used in Portugal (Madeira), but the Aussies do well with it - Hunter Valley is probably the best known for Verdelho, but it also does well in parts of Queensland, NSW, SA and WA.

PK99

Legendary Member
Got a bottle of Barolo for Christmas from a supplies at work still unopened.
Waiting for the wife to give birth to our first child before it get opened.
Looking foreard to that one.

Had a nice Barolo, bought in the region last year, with big juicy T-Bone steak last night. Stunning!

ozboz

Guru
Do you mean verdelho? You can find it in Waitrose. You also sometimes get it at Aldi. Most good wine merchants will stock it as well.
Ive had a look in Waitrose , but not Aldi ,? I probably have mis spelt it , but it is over 10 years since I was in Australia ,
I will look around more now ,

ozboz

Guru
I spent some time contracting on the QE 2 many years ago , one cruise was to the Norwegian Fjords, to Flaam , I must say sailing the Fjords was the most serene place ive ever been , Oslo was ok to , went there twice ,
Well worth a visit,

Last edited:

Stephenite

Membå
I spent some time contracting on the QE 2 many years ago , one cruise was to the Norwegian Fjords, to Flaam , I must say sailing the Fjords was the most serene place ive ever been , Oslo was ok to , went there twice ,
Well worth a visit,
I went to Flåm once. This was the second week after i arrived in Norway. There is a trip you can do from Oslo called 'Norway in a Nutshell'. Travelling on public transport - trains and ferries - you go from Oslo out to the fjords, and to Bergen and back. It's possible to do the trip in 24 hours. We took a week over it. It gave us time to take little excursions here and there. One trip was on the local ferry to, i think, Flekkefjord. A few houses and several secondhand bookshops. A Hay-on-wye on the fjords. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the fjord was still as a mirror. A vision etched into my memory.

robjh

Legendary Member
It's not that often that punk and wine come together, but I spotted bottles of this in a bar in Venice tonight
DSC_0260.JPG

Name that album!

(it appears to be a French wine from the Jura)

ozboz

Guru
I was in Tesco tonight, they had a wine clearance on , got some nice Cab Sav for £3.40 ,
Not bad drop either !

PK99

Legendary Member
I've just taken delivery of my first order from The Wine Society. A wine buff friend put me on to them. Extensive selection, of particular interest to me was their range of half bottles.

All spot on value with no crap.

If you want to learn wine styles and grapes there is no better place to start. Majestic's new Definition range is good but not as good.

Top Bottom