Winstanley cycles....a bit of a grumble.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Returned a damaged wheel I brought as part of a wheelset to Winstanley cycles and they confirmed receipt of it Wednesday, I then get an email this afternoon informing me my wheel will be inspected on Tuesday !! Why on earth it is going to take someone that long to spin the hub to see its gritty is beyond me so I phoned them only to be told that they get so many returns that it is going to take 4 days before anyone has time to look at my wheel.By the time its all sorted and I get my wheel back it'll be getting on for 3 weeks since I first received them.According to Winstanley cycles that isn't long to wait!!
Does'nt inspire much confidence and certainly will not be going to them when I buy my new road bike.
Grumble over........oh and they charged me £15 to return the faulty item !!

akb

Veteran
Bloody cheek if you ask me. Id ask for a refund and go elsewhere.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Bloody cheek if you ask me. Id ask for a refund and go elsewhere.
I did exactly that, got told that by the time I sent the rear wheel back and it was inspected and my refund returned it would be 3 weeks or so !!!!
First time I have used them and certainly the last.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Instead of moaning on here about it why not ask to speak to the owner? Mrs Gti does business with them and they are firm but reasonable people.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Instead of moaning on here about it why not ask to speak to the owner? Mrs Gti does business with them and they are firm but reasonable people.
Tbh I cant be arsed with it anymore, I'll wait for my wheel and will never shop with them again.
Also I would'nt exactly call it moaning !!! More a case of sharing my bad experience.

Top Bottom