Winter boots or overshoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You'd need the same as me then the MTB 2 bolt version, it is even possible (though not needed) to fit 2 'studs' (similar to rugby/football boots) to the front of the sole, I don't but the threaded holes are there (blanked off by screws)

L53HY4TCACY.jpg
I have the same football type studs for my current MTB shoes. I had them fitted for a while but the tapping noise as i walked around annoyed me so i took them out.
I wonder if any roadies wear actual road shoes? I'd imagine only the pros would use them as they don't have to walk anywhere.

roryo07

I would highly recommend some Gore-Tex overshoes. Keep all the water out and are very robust! http://www.tgstore.co.uk/road-light-overshoes-p-7542.html :okay:

subaqua

What’s the point
You need a way to stop the water running down your leg and being wicked inside the shoe by your sock.

I have found the best solution is to forget staying dry and concentrate on not getting cold

The latter being quite hard on winter rides that exceed an hour

or even running in to your shoe/boot.

my shimano MTB winter boots are best i have found so far but they are not perfect and you will eventually get wet feet and need to dry them out. Never work socks with them so not a sock poking out the top of the "seal" overshoes were just terrible. a 2 mile ride and feet would be drenched. don't waste your money like I did !

best advice is this. don't get cold.

commuting its easy as its 45 mins tops and then into a warm office/house and dry clothes. out for fun eprides then may need to be shorter depending on rain and wind temp

martint235

Dog on a bike
https://www.sealskinz.com/UK/socks

They feel a little wierd when you first put them on but they are great. Warm dry feet any time of the year.
Never worked for me. And I persevered for years with them. What's worse is that once your feet are wet in Sealskinz, they ain't ever getting dry. I now wear merino socks (from Planet X) with overshoes. If my feet do get wet, they will get a little drier once the rain stops.

Top Bottom