Winter cycling gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fraz101

Looking for a decent pair of winter gloves (don’t need to be waterproof)

For riding over the next few months.

Not looking to spend a fortune, max £25 inc postage.

What can you all recommend

Thanks

srj10

Guru
Planet x lobster gloves are decent but a bit bulky for road bike use.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Add the word 'cycling' to any clothing or accessory and you will double the price.

I use Thinsulate gloves on my winter rides. Do not let the name put you off they are really thick warm gloves and keep my hands toasty below freezing. You can pick them up for under £10

I've lots of pairs of gloves. The Aldi winter cycling gloves are very good.
If it's really wet my sealskins waterproofs are my choice.
If it's spring or autumn but chilly some of the woolly type gloves are fine.

Another vote for the silk liners. Also worn with waterproof gloves stop sweaty hands.

Another good point is that the inner gloves being thin dry very quickly. Put mine on the clothes dryer about 5pm yesterday and they’re already dry and if you were posh you could even have a second pair:laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends how cold it is surely?
I have several pairs of winter gloves, cover from about 2-6deg (I don’t go out if colder than that), 7-10, 11-15. A pair of silk or merino liner gloves can also be really useful.
Decathlon are decent but there are lots of other brands

I wear ski gloves when it is below about 4C.

They were a cheap pair of gloves, around £10 IIRC.
yep ski gloves are generally very good.
I have some Aldi ones for when it gets really cold.
OP - worth going to Decathlon if you have one near you - they have a very large range of gloves - easy to try on of course - and as said above may be a good idea to look in departrments other than cycling - ie hiking/ski-ing.
edit - ah vickster there first on decathon.
it's a good bet for lots of stuff because of its various departments all catering for the standard human body - have even bought stuff from the hunting section.

Reactions: C R

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have some of the PX lobster gloves and in truth have only worn them a couple of times, mainly because they are so effective it has never been cold enough to justify the extra bulk. Once I wore them in around 2-3°C dry conditions and took them off after 20 minutes as my hands were too warm! I don’t wear them on my MTB as they don’t work with the levers and shifters.

I find that keeping my torso and head warm and putting some effort in usually keeps my hands warm.

yello

My Spec Radiants were too warm today! (5c)

I tend to run hot so, as a rule, opt for liners and a normal weight, windproof glove but today was different.

Top Bottom