Winter Doldrums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Its dark, i cant see where i am going so well on unlit roads so i go a bit slower ....simples ^_^

The traffic seems to be worse when it gets colder, probably all those fair weather cyclists getting back into their cars.
That slows me down the most.
Don't critisise 'fair weather cyclists'...at least they cycle and get out of the car some days a year, if not all.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I love cycling in the autumn/winter. Probably more so than in the summer. I went out last Sunday in the rain and absolutely loved it. Think I must be in the minority around these parts as I only saw 3 other cyclists over 50 miles.

D

Deleted member 1258

For me its just a natural cycle, most years I go well in the Summer months, June, July, August, then sometime in September the performance starts to fall away a bit and that tends to continue until I start winter training at the end of November, once I've started training then it starts building through the rest of winter and into the spring until sometime in early summer I'm going well again.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went out last night the weather was fine. No wind at all and it was mild. I did the same run the other week on a wet and windy day(not night time)and my average was better than last nights.Cycling in the dark slows me down as i spend time looking out for new potholes and unlit bikes and other hard to see obstacles.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
dont let it get you down...the main thing is your still getting out....its so easy in the summer due to the "nice" weather we get....but when its dark cold wet windy or snowing for me thats a great sense of achievement for getting out in it

Biker Joe

Über Member
I suffer from SAD ( Seasonal Affective Disorder)
If I can get into the sun enough and take cod liver oil, (Vit D), it's not too bad.
Not getting enough sunlight is usually the main problem and I quickly go down hill.

Top Bottom