Winter gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigup

ok, i have a similar question

i started riding about 4 weeks ago so had lots of time in the sun and started commuting to work 6 miles each way about 2 weeks ago

i have 5 base layer tops, 5 jerseys short sleeve, 2 long sleeve jerseys and 5 bib shorts as i like to wear fresh clothes each day for my commute

i shower in the morning at home and have a wet wipes wipe down at work and get freshened up

its now getting a bit chilly in the mornings, so what else do i need to buy?

im thinking i need a thicker jersey ? also some trousers to go over my bib shorts?

thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes a thicker jersey/thermal jacket and some unpadded running/cycling tights to wear over the top

You may want something to keep the rain off too...wet wipes may not cut it if you get drenched and I believe it does rain sometimes in Manchester

Now is a good time to buy last year's winter kit

I rode through last winter and the clobber needed although reasonably priced still cost a fortune, but everything listed was essential for me to commute the 10 miles to and fro work in all conditions

For Me

For The Bike
  • Crud MK2 great for keeping most of the water off your shoes and back (Although they don't fit me new bike)
  • Moon XP300 front light for unlit country roads (USB Chargeable god send for the perpetual winter darkness)
  • Cherrybomb rear light (Generally get a nice wide pass from cars with this little beauty)
  • Secondary generic rear light (Just in case)
  • 23 Gatorskins tyres these tyres have not let me down for over 4k milies

Hope this helps!

How do i hide all that from her indoors?:rolleyes:

Linford

Yes a thicker jersey/thermal jacket and some unpadded running/cycling tights to wear over the top

You may want something to keep the rain off too...wet wipes may not cut it if you get drenched and I believe it does rain sometimes in Manchester

Now is a good time to buy last year's winter kit

Last years winter kit ...a faux pas for some of the cycling snobs on here, anyhow, where can I look for this stock ? ;)

MisterStan

Label Required
I bought a pair of winter boots last year and genuinely think they are the best purchase i've made. They may seem expensive to start with, but I use them every day, they also mean that my summer shoes are in better condition (not getting wet and covered in cr@p all the time and most importantly, they keep your feet warm! If my hands or feet are cold then i'm not happy!

Top Bottom