Winter Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sealskinz.
Definitely NOT the freebies which tempted me into buying Cycling Plus for the first (and last) time a couple of weeks ago. Straight into the bin was the verdict on them; absolute junk. The magazine followed them a short time later .......

Last edited:

sight-pin

Veteran
If you want something cheap, I find the Crane winter gloves from Aldi are quite comfortable and warm, although sometimes i find them a bit too warm, but for the price they maybe worth a shot.

If you want something cheap, I find the Crane winter gloves from Aldi are quite comfortable and warm, although sometimes i find them a bit too warm, but for the price they maybe worth a shot.
I use these too but know what you mean about being too warm sometimes. Very good if icy cold though!

Mrs M

Guru
Sealskins for very cold weather, your hands will sweat if it's milder.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I find my specialized defroster cold weather gloves a little thick making gear shifting on my road bike a tad awkward. I prefer to wear a pair of silk liner gloves under my Specialized Deflect wind proof gloves. I have ridden below freezing and find this combination works great.
Jasmine silk liner gloves can be bought on eBay for less than a fiver delivered, alternatively decathlon for £6 ish.

San Marco

Another vote for the Crane pair from Aldi, but I use them for temperatures below 9 deg. Above that the normal long finger gloves from Planet X are fine and good value.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Which sealskinz does everyone have as they all have different thermal rating

All weather (3), dragon eye (3) or winter (4)

They are all around £20 on wiggle but not sure is 4 is too warm for British cycle-able weather

Top Bottom