Winter has arrived !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
We had our first snow of the season, 25 total inches (63.5 Centimeters). Once work slows down it's off with the fat bike to play. More snow on the way tonight WooHoo !

Slick

Guru
We had our first snow of the season, 25 total inches (63.5 Centimeters). Once work slows down it's off with the fat bike to play. More snow on the way tonight WooHoo !
View attachment 495545

View attachment 495546
I realise you love the challenge and I guess I would as well if all I ever had to do was play in it but the truth is, I really hate snow and we rarely get more than a few inches in February so I'm not sure I could cope with that. :eek:

GB grinds to a halt if an inch of snow even threatens yo land. .. :laugh:
Well it does for the Southerners

495562 ~~~

We used to have a Canadian Registrar, who'd also lived in Sweden, as his dad was moved about a lot
He'd get annoyed at staff & patients complaining about the weather, as to him a Blizzard was when he was holding a hand up & couldn't see it
And, a snow-drift was when the car wasn't seen till spring (or at least, until several feet of snow was removed from it)

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
GB grinds to a halt if an inch of snow even threatens yo land. .. :laugh:
That's a massive over reaction even a 1/4 of an inch is enough

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Snow generally is not our problem although sudden freak snowstorms can happen. Excessive wind is common in winter and can go on for days causing massive ferry disruption. There are also bits of our main road known for black ice so a car nose down in the ditch is a common sight. Some people never seem to learn.

Top Bottom