1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter jackets

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Crackle, 24 Jan 2018.

1. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

They don't do it in dark blue afaik . The bright blue is very nice (my Altura Evo jacket is the same colour)

2. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah

I have taken a punt on one. Well found, hopefully it's exactly was I was looking for.

3. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Easy returns if no good. I did order one myself but sent it back as it really is the same colour as my blue coat. I really didn’t need it either!!

4. I've just received an email from Brompton that may be of interest. It contains the following offer: "Free wax musette with every Barbour wax jacket."

In case you're wondering, that's Barbour's first ever wax jacket designed for cycling, made exclusively for Brompton and available for Men and Women.

;)

5. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah

I think I might pass but if you've a link, I'm curious to see what a wax cycling jacket looks like.

6. Marmion

Marmion Guru

I saw 3 cows lying in the corner of a field and a squirrel looking quizzically at a stoat; what more evidence of warmer weather do you need?

arch684 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah

They say they've re imagined them for cycling. I don't rate their imagination.

Mister Paul and Elysian_Roads like this.
  8. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

9. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah

The Endura arrived today. Good fit, arms are a little long as I was expecting but quite manageable. Overall a really quality piece of kit and just what I was after. The front windproof panels are excellent and the back is more breathable. Napoleon pocket with glasses wipe, very useful and a good size. Three generous rear pockets and a waterproof zipped one. Underarm vents which I think will be useful as the jacket feels warm. I doubt I'll need more than a single base layer underneath and this will serve me for the roadbike and the mountain bike. Well found and recommended @vickster and thanks to everyone else for the suggestions all of which I had a look at and considered.

10. I'm disappointed that you didn't go for the waxed Barbour look. I had high hopes of you.

Crackle likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah

The waxed Barbour might have been cooler. This jacket is seriously warm, definitely not for above 10 degrees and no need for more than a base layer. I excitedly wore it on Sunday when it was 13 degrees; scorchio!

Dogtrousers likes this.