Winter noggin wear without welmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
This season I have been mostly wearing a black woolly hat (that my wife says makes me look like a burglar), with a thinner one underneath when it's really cold.

It's the hat equivalent of Rex Kramer in Airplane taking off his sunglasses to reveal another pair of sunglasses underneath.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Merino or thinsulate beanie, usually with a buff for the ears/chin/neck. When it's a bit cold, then a fleece buff. When it's really cold, a thinsulate balaclava under the beanie. When it's also lashing it down, an articulating waterproof hood over the lot.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Not very cold: buff under summer cycling cap
Cold, not wet: wooly hat or Belgian-style winter cap from Prendas
Cold and wet: Belgian-style winter cap from Prendas

That winter cap saved my life twice btw.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Buff over the ears and a woolly hat, though I am thinking of putting a cycling cap between the two to keep the sun (when it appears) out of my eyes.

Julia9054

Guru
I mostly dress as a mugger.
IMG_3618.JPG

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Woolly Hat for me, pulled over my ears so they stay warm as well

Every now and then I end up with a wooly hat that doesn't quite stay over the ears so I spend 20% of the journey reaching up and pulling in back down, then it starts creeping back up again and the cold nips at my earlobes.

Always test the hat thoroughly and don't shrink the bastard in the wash.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Every now and then I end up with a wooly hat that doesn't quite stay over the ears so I spend 20% of the journey reaching up and pulling in back down, then it starts creeping back up again and the cold nips at my earlobes.

Always test the hat thoroughly and don't shrink the bastard in the wash.

I think I might have a corkscrew head! One of my fleece hats keeps rotating on my head as I ride. I am always particular about getting the logo at the front and even when I don't touch the hat again the logo creeps around the side and makes its way to the back. It must just be my head movements and repeated eyebrow raising that causes it?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think I might have a corkscrew head! One of my fleece hats keeps rotating on my head as I ride. I am always particular about getting the logo at the front and even when I don't touch the hat again the logo creeps around the side and makes its way to the back. It must just be my head movements and repeated eyebrow raising that causes it?
Shave yer barnet mate. Acts like Velcro and holds it in place :okay:

Top Bottom