Winter noggin wear without welmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What do you wear on your noggin in the winter if you don't wear a helmet?

I've decided to go helmet free but notice my usual cycling cap shifting about, it may fly off in a strong gust.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
What do you wear on your noggin in the winter if you don't wear a helmet?

I've decided to go helmet free but notice my usual cycling cap shifting about, it may fly off in a strong gust.

Generally a buff.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Fleece hat, woolly hat, if raining hard I have a waxed cap, the peak is particularly useful at keeping rain/sleet/hail out of my eyes but the downside is that it isn't at all breathable so can get just as damp underneath anyway.

OP
OP
confusedcyclist

confusedcyclist

Veteran
Thanks folks, google tells me the good people of Amsterdam favour the wooly hat with a bobble.

Peaked caps are great for keeping rain out indeed, but I think it's the peak that's catching the wind too, so a bit of a double edged sword.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
I wear a helmet.
But underneath for,winter I got a Rapha merino hat has ear coverage , nice hat but when I tilt the peak the inside rubs against my head.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Generally nothing but if it's really cold,

LLFT4_SQ1_0000000048_NAVY_SLf?$550x733_standard$.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Good selection at Prendas. Winter caps are generally of heavier, softer material and have ear/neck flap. They don't catch the wind like cotton caps.

I couldn't do without the peak.

D

Deleted member 1258

Woolly Hat for me, pulled over my ears so they stay warm as well

si_c

Guru
I tend to wear a bobble hat. I also have a buff, but I never pull it up above my neck, as I don't really like things covering my face too much.

Top Bottom