Winter off road tyres for a Genesis Croix de Fer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
I had a very enjoyable half day in the New Forest recently. So, I am thinking of tyres with more tread and width for the cycling trails there. I have no plans for serious offroad adventures but some off road capability would be useful. With mudguards the bike will accept 28mm tyres and possibly wider. All comments re tyre options, tread patterns etc are welcome. TL or conventional tubed tyres?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Have a look at Gravel King tyres. I have them on my bike and use them on farm and forest tracks. I kmow guys who have used them in the Transcontinental race.

OP
OP
gbs

gbs

Guru
Thanks for this proposal. These tyres have been well reviewed but smallest is 32 mmcc; I suspect that mud and the mudguarded CdF setup will not work well but we shall see.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have 35mm tyres on my mudguarded CdF, but they are slicks and there is no way they would allow any mud to get through, clearances are very tight. When I wear the tyres out I will go to 32mm slicks. I don’t even think that off road 32mm would fit with guards.

DRHysted

Guru
Do you have mudguards? If so, which?
Should’ve added that I have SKS mudguards as well (and a dynohub). It’s mostly used as a commuter bike, but that can (if I have time) include the New Forest tracks. I haven’t done any serious mud work with it, that’s what the MTB is for.

Top Bottom