Winter Olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

Did anyone else watch the Men's ski cross? :highfive:

In the first heat, only one competitor crossed the finishing line on their feet, the rest were at various peculiar poses trying to make sure part of their body crossed the line before the two others.

In another heat one competitor shut the door, while another was opening a window. ^_^ Some one missed the K point and landed flat as a pancake.

I saw the K point one. Got bored of it though as it's not as much carnage as the boarder cross! Looks too easy...

I saw the K point one. Got bored of it though as it's not as much carnage as the boarder cross! Looks too easy...
That's because skiers are going faster and don't constantly flap their arms about like epileptic ducks :smile:.

Stephenite

Membå
Wikipedia says: we got 3 - 1 gold and 2 bronze - in 1924.
We've got that now, and we're guaranteed another tomorrow - so, yes, a record-breaking year!!

AndyRM

XOXO
He's referring to Ole Einar Bjørndalen.

I hadn't realised that, oops! Beyond the British interest and the sports I have done (snowboarding and downhill ski-ing), I've not paid much attention to other stuff.

This Ole chap sounds like a machine, I'll have to find out some more about him and banish my patriotic/participation based ignorance!

I hadn't realised that, oops! Beyond the British interest and the sports I have done (snowboarding and downhill ski-ing), I've not paid much attention to other stuff.

This Ole chap sounds like a machine, I'll have to find out some more about him and banish my patriotic/participation based ignorance!

Ole-Einar is a legend. past his prime now, he's 40. i was surprised he was chosen for the olympics, but he can pull the results out when it matters - Gold in the Sprint, the opening event and then being part of the mixed relay team. He may even get another medal in the Men's relay.

it's a shame the beeb don't feature Biathlon more, it is a lot more exciting than you'd think - the 'mass start' type events are brutal when someone cracks (usually on the range when next to a competitor). the only brits to take part are usually army people. i'd love to do it - if i could ski, or shoot.

AndyRM

XOXO
Ole-Einar is a legend. past his prime now, he's 40. i was surprised he was chosen for the olympics, but he can pull the results out when it matters - Gold in the Sprint, the opening event and then being part of the mixed relay team. He may even get another medal in the Men's relay.

it's a shame the beeb don't feature Biathlon more, it is a lot more exciting than you'd think - the 'mass start' type events are brutal when someone cracks (usually on the range when next to a competitor). the only brits to take part are usually army people. i'd love to do it - if i could ski, or shoot.

I had a read of his Wiki earlier. He's amazing!

Hopefully I'll be able to find some books or films about him, any suggestions?

I had a read of his Wiki earlier. He's amazing!

Hopefully I'll be able to find some books or films about him, any suggestions?

i don't think there is anything. hopefully, he'll write an autobiography when he retires.

Robbed in the speed skating.
D'yer think. I thought she gave the Chinese girl a good shove in the straight before the corner, so it seemed a fair decision but I admit, the finer points of speed skating professional fouls elude me, so aside from the obvious, it's difficult to call.

D'yer think. I thought she gave the Chinese girl a good shove in the straight before the corner, so it seemed a fair decision but I admit, the finer points of speed skating professional fouls elude me, so aside from the obvious, it's difficult to call.

yup. seemed a fair call really. she has come across as a whiney bad loser. "i don't know what i did wrong" routine is wearing thin.

anyway, chapeau to the ukraine team in the biathlon. also good to see the yanks get knocked out of the ice hockey.

Top Bottom