Winter riding .... winter tyres and coping with frost. Advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rouge79

When to swap tyres living in London is the challenge. I skyways used to ride 23mm in all conditions (except snow) but I'm now a bit more cautious.

Marathon Pluses ready to replace the 28mm Conti 4 seasons as soon as the pond freezes over

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
When to swap tyres living in London is the challenge. I skyways used to ride 23mm in all conditions (except snow) but I'm now a bit more cautious.

Marathon Pluses ready to replace the 28mm Conti 4 seasons as soon as the pond freezes over

That's interesting - I thought the 4 Seasons were good in winter according to what I have read.

I am running 32mm Marathon Supremes and have been thinking of some treaded Scwalbes of some description.

I get all the smooth tyre on smooth road maximum grip stuff but I ride on long stretches of rough chipped lanes with loose edges and instinctively I feel that a tread with some edgy mechanical grip would be more secure.

My MTB's from a way back with nobblies felt massively more planted on the same surfaces than these skinny-minny tyres.

Top Bottom