Winter Sun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Enjoying it for the first time in my life and it's flippin ace.

Had plenty of winter city breaks but this is the first time that all 3 kids are grown up & busy, enabling us to get away for a winter holiday. 23c with a clear blue sky every day here in Gran Canaria and it's having such an uplifting affect on us.

The place is pretty barren but it's all about sun in February and it'll be two weeks next time!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is why a friend of mine moved to Tenerife!

He spent years there before finally coming back to the UK, but he always spends winters abroad. He is currently in Texas and told me a couple of days ago that it was a sunny 26 degrees C there.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am a big fan of a winter break to recharge the batteries, the fact that I can hire a bike for some great rides only adds to the bonus. Unfortunately this year my wife is a teacher and her half term dates are different to my kids.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Marrakech for me . December Jan and Feb, short breaks ,cheap as chips :smile:

That sounds nice, but l live very near LBA so my choice (for sun) is limited out of season.

The things l was going to do, hire a bike, trek, fat wheeled scooter etc But l am so enamoured with Feb sun that l have done FA.

When I was single I used to slip off to some Med-ish destination for a week in Feb. eg Southern Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey.
Mainly travel around old towns sightseeing. I might hire the occasional bike for a spin.
It was pretty cheap off season but you sometimes take pot luck with hotels.
Being the first tourist of the year in a big tourist town us odd. You do get treated really well and see what the locals get up to without all of those Club28-33 sex, sun and booze tourists. I saw actual Greek dancing in a kitchen.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I confess to being jealous reading these comments.
MrsD hates flying but will accept once a year to somewhere handy eg Spain or Portugal. It then takes her many months to face flying again. I did get her to Fortuventura one December and we had a great week but I cant see that happening again:sad:

clid61

Veteran
That sounds nice, but l live very near LBA so my choice (for sun) is limited out of season.

The things l was going to do, hire a bike, trek, fat wheeled scooter etc But l am so enamoured with Feb sun that l have done FA.
FA is good for the soul now and then enjoy !

gbb

Legendary Member
The lift a winter break from the gloom is unbeatable. We used to do a early spring week in the Med but stopped some years ago, plus I'd do a week in Cyprus with work at this time of year and always feel uplifted.
Something a colleague mentioned once, how uplifted he felt after a session in a tanning booth in the winter. No wonder perhaps.

Top Bottom