Winter training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

balozi

In 2003, when I was 72 years old, I completed a solo ride from New Hampshire to San Francisco, and in 2004 I rode from Miami to NH. I am considering making another cross-America solo ride beginning in mid-March; my plan is to ride from Los Angeles to Washington, DC

In the past two years I have not ridden much at all. So when I started riding a little over a month ago, physically it was like starting all over again. I've slowly increased my distance and rode for 66 miles three days ago.

When winter arrives, I'll not be out on the road on my bike for several months. My question is, does it make sense for me to keep on building up riding mileage for the next few weeks if I'm not going to be able to continue after that? Or should I now begin a regimen of spin cycling and weight resistance?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Bigtallfatbloke

I cant anser your question but I'd jus tlike to say...Wow!!! I'd love to do that ride :blush: :rolleyes:

Keith Oates

Janner
I am not qualified to give an answer but for me I would say any miles that go in the legs before the winter kicks in must be good. You can then still help to maintain them on the static bike over the cold months. Good luck with the trip, I take my hat off to you!!

Top Bottom