Winton 100 / 200 - 20th June - King's Worthy, Hampshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Anyone going for either of these?

I was going to make this my first 200k, but looks like OH will be away for that weekend so the plan is to take all 4 kids out for their first 100k. They've done 70k rides so far (in training for JoGLE) so it should be quite feasible. Does mean me riding the tandem with the 9 y.o as stoker!

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Anyone?

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Sorry we didnt get much chance to chat.... just after I caught you we had to go back 1 km as stokers older brother had a puncture. Made it round in the end though, despite another puncture on the tandem and various mechanicals....got back about 4.30 pm!

Wildduck

Good to meet you, if a little brief! Well done on getting back, its not the flattest of courses and a couple more hills would have made in inton a AAA.

Was on a bit of a mission that day to prove that it could be done comfortable on a recumbent trike (on an upwrong last year), to be in front of some of my colleagues (who came in five minutes behind me) and the promise of Sunday roast. Sadly the latter didn't happen as we forgot it was Fathers Day and decided to avoid the local pubs for fear of chaos.

There was also experimenting with some sports drink for the first time (not usually a fan of these but may consider for some future audaxes) and the trike had an upgrade the day before and not test ridden (it was miracle nothing went wrong!).

Fantastic day and the heat felt a little more bearable than on the same event event last year.

Top Bottom