Wiping mobile phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Just tried a factory reset on a couple of Samsung phones, and it's not clearing all of the apps or data. There is probably nothing too sensitive on there, but may have a think about the club 🔨 option just to be safe

It wont clear ALL apps, as some apps are on the phone as standard factory settings. Virgin media is an odd one - can you just delete that manually?

markemark

Über Member
This article explains it pretty well.

A factory reset can be overcome if you try hard enough. You’ll need to overwrite the hardrive once reset to be completely sure. The safest way is to destroy the drive and not sell it. It all depends on how far you want to go.

The overwhelming likelihood is a factory reset would suffice. But it’s not a zero risk.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Just to point out if anyone else is reading this thread - make a note of all your banking app details (PIN, memorable info ect). Don't do what I have just done; factory reset my old phone, open up all the banking apps on your new phone only to find that it requires all of your secret information and PIN which I only held on my old phone!

I did a £30 shop at Tescos last night and of course didn't take my actual card. Went to scan my phone to pay and it wouldn't work. I'm now trying to reset my PIN through the web, and it says I can't log in until they send me a verification text to my phone, which hasn't come through after 25 mins. AAARRRGGGGGHH

Top Bottom