Wireless Printer for Home Use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
An option that may work for some people is going printer free.

About four years ago our printer failed and we decided to try doing without; for documents that must be printed we use a local printshop.

Last year we only cycled to the printshop four times, everything else we did on screen. Its saved us a fortune and is one fewer pieces of plastic in the world.

DUnno if they all do this - but when I was without a printer for a while I used to print things using the local library

Obviously it is less convenient and is only open certain hours - but it is an option

The problem I had was that we only print stuff a few times a year and inkjet printers often dry up if used that seldom.
We now have a cheap B&W laser - which is less than perfect but is several years old and still on its first cartridge and will not dry up like inkjets

This BTW was a constant problem when I worked in schools - teachers would put them in a cupboard "for safety" over the summer and then they were just scrap by September.
Some of them claim to get round it by "cleaning the nozzels" ever few days if they are not used - but only if they are left plugged in

Top Bottom